Tuesday, November 3, 2009

The Dirty Diaper

Ok, so at what point will the dirty diapers slow down? At any given point in the day, I can open Tristan's diaper and find it dirty. In fact, I am convinced that he hates clean diapers, and everytime I put one on him, he works extremely hard to get it dirty again. The books say to change the diaper anytime you suspect it to be dirty because it will help with potty training down the road. Well, if I change his diaper everytime I suspect anything, I will never leave the changing table!

I have read too many "helpful" books about how to raise a baby. I say "helpful" because they all contradict one another. For instance, I am trying to figure out the healthiest sleeping habits for Tristan, and I have read so many differing opinions. One book says to put them in their cribs no later than two weeks so they do not become dependant on sleeping in the same room as mom and dad. A different book says that putting a baby in their own room too early causes separation anxiety. A third book says that the family bed, letting the baby sleep in your bed, is the only way a baby will truly feel loved...Ok, I am a reasonable person, but really?!? I think I'm going to write a book on how reading the helpful books might not be so helpful.

Needless to say, when Kris told me to quit reading all the books and just do what works for us, that was the greatest advice I've gotten so far!

0 comments:

Post a Comment