Monday, November 2, 2009

One month in...




On October 3, 2009, Kris and I welcomed Tristan into our family! We spent almost five full days in the hospital, and then much to our suprise, they let us take Tristan home with us! The three of us got in Kris' car and 1,000 thoughts ran through my head. I thought:




  • Tristan is the most beautiful little boy I have ever seen.


  • I can't wait to be home.

  • Is Kris driving too fast?


  • What was that noise Tristan just made?


  • Tristan looks cute in his Red Raider hat.


  • Will our dogs like him?


  • Did I really just have a baby?


  • I think I want to go back to the hospital.
...to name a few! It was a day of excitement and anxiety! On the first night out of the hospital, Kris was on duty. I'm not sure he slept a wink that night. Fortunately, we have been getting better at the night shifts! The following few weeks, we enlisted our parents and siblings to help out. Ten days in, we were finally on our own!

Somehow we have survived the first month which included our first bath, our first trip to the mall, our first dinner on the town, our first doctor's appt., our first Halloween, and even our first walk to the park. Here are a few things we have learned:




  1. Everytime Kris changes a diaper, Tristan will pee on them both!


  2. Never wake a sleeping little boy.


  3. Babies make more dirtly laundry than I ever imagined.


  4. Bubba (our Pomeranian) loves babies!


  5. Sleep is overrated.


  6. Enjoy every day because he is already growing so quickly!


1 comments:

Monica Curry said...

welcome to the world of blogging! you will love it and it is so fun to look back on...i STILL look back at our "first days" with braidy, and I just love it so much!!! your little man is just precious. i would love to see him next time i'm in dallas!

Post a Comment