Thursday, September 30, 2010

The last 9 months

Since my last post I went from being the mother of a very still, calm, and quiet baby to being the mother of a mobile, vocal, curious toddler. In the word only my sweet sister would truly understand..."How is possible?"

Monumental moments missed due to my lack of interest in blogging include, but are not necessarily limited to, rolling over, smiling, laughing, crawling (a one-legged crawl that he has mastered - I won't tell him it makes it look like only one leg is capable of mobility), cruising (for all non-moms, this means pulling up and scooting along anything in grabbing range), walking, falling, and a better attempt at walking.


Please note that T smiles with his entire face...irresistible!



T got to experience swimming for the first time. In anticipation of many afternoons at Uncle Matt and Aunt Shayna's pool, we started swim classes at 6 months. I didn't realize that maybe Matt needed lessons as well. He arguably saved Tristan's life by his cat-like reflexes and seriously impressive dog-paddling skills, but is it really a heroic event when Tristan's life wouldn't have needed saving if...well, take a look for yourself:



The most significant event was on Father's Day which doubled as T's Dedication at our church. We actually had the majority of our family here. I get a little weepy just thinking about what an incredibly important day that was for our little man. T looked adorable and it may have been his first official day of wearing shoes. The whole shoe thing hasn't worked out for us too well, but I probably wouldn't wear shoes either if I didn't know how to tie them .

0 comments:

Post a Comment